Sunday, May 23, 2010

The tortoise.

So today I have been swamped by an overwhelming desire to do something to the unsightly mess on my head-otherwise known as my current 'hairstyle.' I have been meaning to change it for a while, and the nature of this situation is so serious that even Arty and Louie are starting to notice. And I quote, " Dye your hair for God's sake, you look like you live in Cranbourne." -Alex.

Anyway, I am stuck. I have no idea what to do. I really don't want to go super dark again like that little episode in year 10 that left me looking like a horrible emo (damn you, pale skin), but the idea of being any blonder makes me want to start wearing kitten heels and squealing at baby elephants on the news. I am very wary of the idea of getting 'streaks' or 'highlights' after coming out of the hairdresser in year 9 after my first colour job and looking like a zebra, a really noticeable zebra.

I seem to have developed this theory that I have had a lot of different hairstyles over the years but now that I think about it, it's pretty much always looked the same. Apart from that one time in Grade 6 when I cut it all off into a bob. What a horrible horrible chapter in my life. Luckily, Mum has decided to immortalise this moment on our family 'photo wall' that is in full view of anybody who comes into our house. I guess it's her way of reminding me to never cut my hair short again. 

So this is the hair situation at the moment....

ugh. excuse the mug shot. But I actually slept more hours of today than I was awake.
I'm taking these brilliant drugs at the moment (for my tonsils, of course) called endone, and as soon as I take them my body just starts to shut down. It's quite amusing. Apparently they are the equivalent of morphine in a pill, which is convenient. So yeah, I pop them in my mouth, and about 5 minutes later I'm pretty much drunk. My head starts spinning and I get so dizzy, I can barely walk in a straight line. My arms and legs go all tingly and I just lie down and sleep for a few hours til they wear off. It can be a bit annoying when I'm in the middle of something important (like reading a good bit in my book) and realise that it's time to take them, because it's hard to stay awake. This should make my first few days back at work a barrel of laughs. Haha.

Ok, hair, that's what I was talking about. Wow, and who cares about the important things going on in the world? Haha. But seriously. Don't hold this against me because I just paid my reservation fee for a 2 week volunteering program in Cambodia. So now I can talk about vain and unimportant things on my blog. Thank-you very much. And yes, now I am justifying my thought process to a computer. Haha what has my world come to? What is the meaning of life? Ok shut up that's far enough. You know you should stop when you start arguing with yourself on the internet.

I spent some parts of today, when I was mostly awake, looking up possible hair colours/styles so that I would have something for the hairdresser to copy in the hope that it might end up looking semi alright. 

This colour is hot on her, but my guess is that the reason for it looking so good is that it is Abby-Lee. It's a bit of a mousy, timid colour, but I guess that's something that I haven't tried before. I like it. I think. I like that it's light brown without crossing over to being a dark blonde.

What a mega dreamboat she is. If only she weren't such an airhead. I can see myself falling into that trap of "if I get that exact haircut, I will look like that." Well, hate to burst your bubble Char, but you'll NEVER EVER look like that. haha. aw. But pretty hair all the same. 
Mary-Kate (on the left) has the cutest hair here. So long. Maybe that's why  like it. Why won't mine grow! Seriously... I like this colour, but don't know if it would suit me. It's a bit red, which could work, seeing as I already have the other attributes needed to be a ranga. Pale skin, get burnt easy....

Oh i can't decide. I will keep you posted on what happens but don't hold your breath because I doubt it will end pretty :P haha. Oh, and if you didn't notice earlier, here is a (terrible quality) photo of my super house-wifey outfit today. Because I have nothing more interesting to post about. Yay!

I'm going to go have some more endone, sweet dreams :)


No comments:

Post a Comment