Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Carnivore.


This week I decided it would be interesting to try out being vegetarian for the week. I know it really isn't anything worth shouting about, but it doesn't go down so well in my place. The boys wont eat anything that doesn't have meat in it. The conversation went like this;
Louis; "Muuum, what's for dinner?"
Mum; "Were having spinach pie"
Louis; "What the fuck? Yuck. I'm not having any"
And so he didn't. For the record, it was amazing!
So tonight we have one of mum's friends coming over for dinner,and she has cooked these amazing (my favourite) chicken...things. That's what they're known as in our house. Chicken things. It's chicken breast rolled up with prosciutto, spinach and fetta cheese. It's amazing. But as I am vegetarian tonight, I can't have any. The more pressing issue will be trying to justify why i am not eating them. They don't understand what the point is. And at our place, where the amount of meat coming in will be the same, regardless of how much I eat, it almost seems stupid. Whatever I don't eat, Arty will just pile onto his plate. Argh. Yay for making a difference.

Think I might buy a vegie burger on the way home today :D

No comments:

Post a Comment