Monday, May 31, 2010

colourtopia.

So I got my film developed today, it turned out alright seeing as arty shot off half the roll in the car. At his feet. When I scanned them on they came out kind of purple, and I don't really like them all, but I'll put them all up anywho. 
Flinders St Station. I got this one at a run (trying to get out of the way of the crowd) so it's a bit sketchy, but I like it. I really miss Melbourne, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are just not as charming. I wanted to get some photos to remember it by :)
Beautiful horses in Swanston St. They look so sad. he poor things. I bet this is not the best fun for them, the dears. I somehow ended up with a big sunshine in the middle, but I'm glad that it didn't completely cover the horses. 
Some random fence, and there was a massive open space with all these crates and stuff there. It looked much better in real life.
Zacharia playing with a stick on the beach. We took the dogs for a walk, it was freezing but nice, and Zac played fetch with them. Cute.
My gorgeous puppy. He is amazing.
Yay.
This is not the best quality because it was taken in the shade and I have no flash. But it is the last photo that was ever taken of Skip (in the background). She died a few days later. We all miss her. 
Darling Zachary looking sharp as a tack. Adorable hair. 
No other cities that I have been to have as many trees as Melbourne. I love them. They give it character, especially when they are all yellow and orange. I wish this was in colour. And a better picture. Haha.

Today we were driving along on our way to the Gold Coast, and all of a sudden the car started clunking horribly. Mum thought we had a flat tire, it was that kind of sound, and so we pulled over and Mum checked everything and all our tyres were fine so Arty kept driving. As soon as he pulled out onto the road it started again. It was so loud and the whole car was like jumping and bucking and (maybe not that dramatic but whatever) it was so loud. Mum and I were yelling at Arty to pull over because we were getting near to the traffic lights, so he rips the wheel across and we almost dive into the ditch, just off the road. Mum gets out of the car again, she's so angry, and is checking all the tyres again frantically but she gets back into the car and says she can't see anything wrong. At this point we are already running late for Arty's MRI which is in about 20 minutes. We were so close but yet, so very far. Mum calls the RACQ and tells them where we are, when she gets off the phone she goes absolutely nuts. "Fuck! I had the car serviced last week and the fucking morons told me not to worry about that sound and now it's all fucked up! Aaarrghh!" Arty and I are just trying to be as quiet and as still as we can and think of how to fix the solution. I tell Mum that it would be ok if Al and I caught a taxi to his appointment because we were only about 15k's away, and she could wait for the roadside assist man to come. Meanwhile, she is vowing to "never go to that bloody repair man again" and shouting about how "this always happens to me!" Anyway, the taxi finally comes, and we are getting later and later-Mum is getting more pissed off-with every second. We jump in, and as we start off the guy asks what happened to the car. As I am in the middle of explaining that "it sounded like the tyre went flat but we checked them and it was fine, just this clunking sound..." the taxi starts making the same sound. I look over at Arty and we both realise at exactly the same time; it was the road the whole time. The bumps on the road made the sound. Oh shit. We are sitting in the back of the taxi, pissing ourselves laughing as the meter is going up and up. I messaged Mum and told her to drive up the road a bit to where it stopped, and the message I get back just says, "Oh my God.." Our family is so switched on. Facepalm of the century.

No comments:

Post a Comment