Thursday, May 6, 2010

Andy, You're a Star

Had an interesting day today. Went to the gym this morning and hung out with all the fat old ladies. (Y) I swear they all hate me. To put my bag down I have to walk past them all and I can almost feel their laser eyes burning on my back. Ugh. Lovely. Except there's one lovely girl there, Emma. She's a few years older than me and she's really nice. Maybe I can be friends with her. I have to go in on Saturday. Wow, the prospect of a friend is exciting. Haha. I'll keep you updated.

Work was amusing. Thursdays are always faarked because it's pension day and all the oldies are out in force. One man went spastic because he got a sandwich that wasn't toasted. He started yelling and cursing and all that jazz which was entertaining. It's even more funny because the old people use such old fashioned swear words. One that I love is "ghastly" especially when they say it and kind of shudder at the same time. Haha. Oh and one lady fell over in the shop today. I had to put into effect some intense self control to avoid bursting out laughing. She slipped literally right in the middle of the cafe. She was wearing those little awkward kitten heels and just went A over T in slow motion. I think it almost took 5 minutes for her to hit the floor. The funniest thing was that after she hit the ground, her legs went up in the air behind her. Oh my god. So funny. Hahaha.

I had a good run tonight too, for the first half. It was pretty much dark by the time I got going but i am finally fit again so I'm pumped. I was listening to that song by the Killers; Andy You're a Star, and I was trying to figure out what exactly the meaning of it was. From what I gathered it sounds like a male teacher having a relationship with a student...that's a boy. Maybe I got it really wrong. Have a look at the lyrics and let me know what you reckon.

Louie has recently discovered a new favourite pass time. He has decided it would be fun to whisper the 'c-word' under his breath, repeatedly, getting louder each time until someone yells at him. Then he waits at least 2 minutes before starting it again. Yay.

Mum walked in on Arty in the shower just before. Even though the door was closed and the shower was obviously on. She though that "he had gone out and left the shower on." What the hell Mum? What? Haha.

1 comment: