Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Got my life back at 12:15.

This morning I woke up and I thought I was dying. At least 95% dead. My vision was all blurry, my muscles ached and I had the worst headache ever. I rolled over to look at my clock, which is actually just a pocket-watch hanging off a naked barbie, and it said I had been asleep for at least 11 hours. What the heck. I thought that maybe I was feeling bad because my room was so dark, like how flowers shrivel up at night but come out in the sun. I don't know why I thought this, but in my delirious state it seemed like a perfectly logical explanation. I rolled out of bed onto the mammoth pile of clothes and books on my floor, and pretty much crawled outside onto the lounge chair. I felt like Bear Grylls in the Sahara, dragging my dehydrated carcass across the bricks and out into the sun. I collapsed onto the chair, and as I lay there I realised how much of a bad idea it was. The sun was so hot I thought I was on fire. My head throbbed and I could feel my pasty vampire skin burning on the spot. I closed my eyes trying to block out all the feeling in the hope that I wouldn't have to move anymore.
I lay there for about 20 minutes just willing myself to feel better, and gathering the strength to get me to the kitchen.
A good half hour later, I staggered into the house, bracing myself on the kitchen bench. I gathered together an assortment of about 10 pills from Mum's health corner of the pantry, and washed them down with a good strong coffee. This got me as far as the couch where I collapsed face first into the cushions and fell asleep again. Again! What the hell? I lay there wanting to die, wondering how in the world I am going to cope in Vietnam with our days packed with actual things apart from slow and painful death. But as I was walking through the house, at 12:15, all of a sudden I felt fine, I felt fucking great! I was on top of the world, and out of nowhere I launch into this crazy planning and cleaning spree. I cleaned the bathrooms, picked up all of the crap off my floor, washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen, heck-I even scrubbed the bloody toilets. I was in the mood for planning, oh! What a day to make plans, grand plans! Grander! Bigger! Im going to cook a three course meal for dinner that involves some sort of flambe, I'm going to become an artist and sell my paintings, I'm going to learn guitar, and piano, and I'm going to get fit, so fit, look at my brand new training program! Oh I love planning, I plan everything. I plan my day, plan my week.I make lists, oh the lists! So many lists, lists of what to take overseas, lists of what I eat, what movies I'm going to see, things that I want to do before I die. When I'm in these moods I am the queen of lists.I love them, even though I know that most of the things I'm planning wont even happen ever. But I enjoy making them.
I have been having weird dreams about animals lately. No, nothing like that. I mean, the other night I had a dream that I was being eaten alive by wolves in a swimming pool, and then there was that one about being chased by a family of snakes, and then last night I dreamt that I was rescuing a puppy from this gigantic swing made out of logs. HA! I wonder what I will dream about tonight. I wish you could chose what to dream about. They always feel so real! Once I had a dream that Justin Timberlake invited me back to his place and started trying to make out with me and I was like "Ew um, I'm 14 and you probably have a billion diseases." I thought I was being completely logical in a not-so-weird situation but then I woke up and realised what I was dreaming about and freaked myself OUT! Haha. Anyway, I'll tell you what I dream about :D

No comments:

Post a Comment