Friday, October 1, 2010

My new ride.



...
...
...
...


HAHA totally kidding. :| As if I could afford something like that. No. This, my dear friends, is my latest purchase;

All $25 dollars worth of sweet, sweet bicycle that Mum bought off Dunks when he went back to Victoria. See, I didn't even pay for it. Ha.

So it has this impressively cool basket on the front, which I don't think is even meant to be a basket because it is tied on to the handlebars with these tiny pieces of wire.

They seem to hold it there pretty well, and it holds loads of stuff, except you have to be careful because when you go over a bump it jerks and flips up towards you, like the hoopla thing you with pasta in the colander, tipping your things out into your lap. I have a feeling that it's a little small for me because my legs stay bent the whole way around the pedalling motion. Like, bmx bike bent. And whenever I catch my reflection in a shop window I'm all hunched over because the space between the seat and the handlebars is cosy at best. It's not much to look at, but I feel like the mother of a really hopelessly pathetic child in that I don't see it the way other people do. I look at it and see a fierce piece of machinery with a basket that instantly triples it's awesomeness and lovability. No matter that I look like a circus clown riding it, and even though we have only been together for a few days, we have already made some lasting memories. Yesterday I woke up and thought "I don't want to miss this beautiful morning, I'll do the gym class tonight." Oh I'm totally lying again, I thought "Fark being up this early, I'm going back to sleep." Then during the day I started feeling guilty somewhere between my 4th and 5th affogato, and thought I'd better do some kind of exercise. I was scheduled to leave the house at 4:15 on my trusty new bike, but at 4:00 out of nowhere came this GIGANTIC STORM. It was raining so much you couldn't even tell the raindrops apart-it was just a constant stream of water. There was thunder and lightning and everything, but I wasn't backing down. I put on Mum's bright yellow heavy duty raincoat, and put all my gym stuff in a plastic bag in my basket and ventured out into the rain. I looked as homeless as a homeless person could ever look. It was so depressing. I laughed as I rode through actual rivers on my two wheeled mean machine. The path was so flooded that the bottom half of each pedal cycle was actually underwater. You know that feeling you get when you jump off the jetty and water goes up your nose? I got that feeling because the puddles were spraying up so hard into my face haha. Good times, good times. Today we went to west Ballina together, then on the way home we stopped at one of the op shops along the highway. I spent the best 20 bucks of my life. Got some amazing things which I will post up here soon. I shouldn't have spent money on clothes but I could not bring myself to leave the shop without them. Ah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment