Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Leaving town.

Tonight is my last proper night in Australia, this time tomorrow, I will be ready to get on the next plane to KL. How scary is that? We have been planning this trip the whole year, saving our pennies (well, Claire's been saving) and dreaming of the adventure we'll have. It seems so crazy that it's just around the corner, that it's finally actually about to happen. Oh yeah, I got my P's today! Freaking Jesus god finally. Haha. Sad thing is that I don't really get to enjoy it before January. Yeah, by the way, we're away until then. So the rough plan is, arrive in North Vietnam on October 22, spend 3 weeks making our way down the coast, stopping wherever we like on the way down. Over into Cambodia by November 15, we are signed up for a 2 weeks volunteering program in Phnom Penh. We are teaching/working in a school/children's home. Even though we won't be able to help out too much in 2 weeks, we thought that it would mean we were a bit safer and it's always nice to know someone's looking out for you. Up to Siem Reap, we are going to stop in and visit an orphanage that my uncle donated money to, to help them set up a running water system. Hopefully we can do something to give them a hand, even if we just hang out for a bit. From Cambodia, we're going up into Laos, where we will spend almost a month roaming around. We will do all the touristy things, go tubing in Vang Vieng, do the gibbon experience in Huay Xai (living in tarzan style houses for a few days) trek through the hill tribe villages in Phongsali and hopefully be in Luang Prabang for Christmas. I think Laos will be my favourite place, but who knows! From laos, we'll fly into Bangkok, and catch a sleeper train all the way down the coast to Ko Pha ngan. New years is the full moon party which is going to be crazy, but we are right on the other side of the island to the party area, so hopefully we can reatreat to our beachside bungalows if it all gets too much. After that, we will find our way home by early January. Woah. I don't really understand anything I just wrote so I hope that if you're reading it you managed to get some kind of rough idea out of all the bullsh. Ha. If we are near the internet for a long enough time, I will keep updating the blog, but apologies if I am a little vague or hard to understand. Oh my god so excited/nervous/scared/freaked out/happy/idon'tevenknow. This is something that has to be done though. It's weird to think that when I get back, I will be a different person. Not completely, but everything changes you, every experience makes you that little bit different from before. Hopefully I will be wiser, smarter, more insightful, more caring and just better in general. Hope it's good. I hope you like who I am when I get back. I wonder if you'll be able to notice the changes in my updates, that would be cool. Haha hopefully Claire and I still like each other when we get back. Another thing to wait and see! Love you all! Goodbye Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment