Thursday, April 1, 2010

Angelina.

Why do people always try and sound so smart? It's one of those things that really gets to me-when you read something that someone has written, or you listen to someone speak and you can tell straight away that they are trying to sound really intelligent, like they are consciously substituting words like 'vast' or 'plethora' instead of 'big' or 'a lot.' I don't know why it annoys me, it just does.

How much can you tell about someone just by the way they speak, or write? Does your conversation structure and flow work the same when you're typing? And what about when you're talking to yourself? Like on a blog. But then again, is a blog really talking to yourself, or are you talking to millions of people? Maybe you're talking toyourself but millions of people can hear it.

What's the point of a blog anyway? I know there are heaps out there that have actual purposes, but ones like this, everyday ones, that talk about what people had for breakfast, which route they took to work, and a clever jab at the lady in the red corolla with the hook nose who cut them off just around the cornerfrom that old fish and chip shop... Whats the point? Who really cares what someone else has to say? And what is it that makes someone's opinion more important than anyone elses? Why do I have so many rhetorical questions in that paragraph?
Come to think of it, I don't even know if they're rhetorical. Sure some of them must be. But I guess it would be nice to get some answers.

Not that I expect anyone to read my blog, let alone reply to it. I don't think that people would find it very interesting to read about my thoughts. But I figured, since they are racing around my head anyway, and stopping me from getting a good nights sleep, I'd just type them up.

I must warn you though, I think about some strange things. But maybe this blog can just be a random assortment of things that go through my head- pictures and text and the things that I find interesting. Yeah, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment