Saturday, April 2, 2011

Everyone Forgot My Birthday

EXCEPT MY MUM.

Just joking-my birthday is actually August 23, but in a completely random wave of hilarity the exact opposite situation arose a few weeks ago when I received this little gem in the mail...


 I laughed so hard when I opened the envelope (which was clearly labelled "Char") and was confronted with this. I love how Mum wrote inside "Dear Char, Yes this is the only card available at the Lismore post office...tragic huh?"  But on further inspection, WHO IN GOD'S NAME ALLOWED THIS TO BE SOLD AS A BIRTHDAY CARD? Look at the kid on the front, possible the most awkward representation of an 8 year old that ever existed. And I love how they put him in again in the 8 when they ran out of random bugs and what looks like a deflated elephant. Not to mention the flies buzzing around him with little gold stink lines that flash when you move the card. Haha. Classic. Maybe I'll drop out of med and begin designing children's cards, clearly they are in need of some serious help...

No comments:

Post a Comment