Sunday, June 13, 2010

Vogue.


The day has finally arrived. Remember all those weeks ago I bought a pair of white tights? And I said that if I ever wore them I would put up a picture? I don't know if you will, but today I WORE THEM! For the first time ever. White is hard, because unlike slimming black, it makes you look fatter. Why then, I hear you ask, would you buy a pair of white tights? Answer; I don't know. I was at the stall and there were so many colours and I was completely overwhelmed and freaked out couldn't decide so I picked plain-as white. Since then, I have tried to wear them out but it never looks right. I still don't think it looked right today but hey, I gave it a shot. And that is pretty much the colour of my legs at this time of year anyway :P

Today, Louie is really sick, so currently I am holed up in my bedroom trying to avoid touching the same air that he has. If I am sick for my flight I will actually shoot someone. Actually that's probably not the best thing to be thinking on a flight to America. I swear that they almost have technology to scan your brain and see if you are thinking about bombs or something. Speaking of technology, I made the best discovery today. Lifeblogging goggles. I know, it actually is what you think it is. These are glasses that you put on and it literally films what you see. And it can recognise signs and written english and all that. I have the link to read about it here. Look at the comments that the people posted. What is sad about them is that it is probably actually the truth. Haha. I was thinking about these glasses for ages, and realised that there are more negatives than positives. Yeah, it would be sweet to be able to record that moment when you see something really funny but no one else does. And it would completely eliminate the need for a video camera...unless you want to be in the shot. It would be interesting to watch the playback from the night before when you got wasted and ended up making out with this total babe and danced the night away. Until you watch it and realise that your 'babe' was 200kgs and had a mullet and a southern cross tattoo... Oh the enjoyment. And what's with the title? "Lifeblogging" glasses? Would you actually film your entire day and post it for someone to watch? So boring. Haha.

Only 3 sleeps until I fly out. One of the girls had her flight delayed by 8 hours so I really hope that doesn't happen to me. I popped into work today to say goodbye, and one of the ladies that comes in all the time had left me 30 American dollars to use while I'm over there. How adorable is that! She is a darling. Mum was surprised that I could name about 50 people that come into work, and how many people I say hello to in the street. I guess that all just comes with the territory.
Also, I came across this today. Facebook relationship statuses should definitely include some of these. 


And finally, some Alexa to add a little beauty to your day. I swear to god if I somehow come across her in New York I will actually fall over. 

Hahaha I am currently listening to an old Madonna cd, and Vogue just came on. Suddenly I am having these vivid flashbacks to dancing in Charlton's, with Jess and Amanda karaoke-ing their hearts out. Oh man, if only I had had some life blogging glasses on me that night. :)

2 comments: