Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fakebook.

This is me. No make-up, apart from semi-washed-off eyeliner, and no photoshop. I have a weird skin tone, and shitloads of freckles. But I am posting this photo because I am so sick of people (me included) feeling like they have to completely photoshop every photo they post on the internet, for fear of not matching up to everyone's expectations, and being compared with one another. 

We are all beautiful. Everyone, EVERYONE is so uniquely brilliant in the way they speak, the way they act and the way they look. Yes, the world is teeming with superficial clones and hoards of people copying everyone else, but deep down you always know that you are not exactly like someone else, and you never will be. I hope that some people who read this will follow my lead, and stop editing, stop caking on the make-up, and start realising that people can see through all that shit. And you look like an oil painting. btw. 

At this point in time, I really couldn't care less what everyone thinks of me. It doesn't matter that I am notoriously 'plain jane' and speak and act in the way that I feel I am expected to. I spent my whole school life acting as I was supposed to. Being a good role model and everything. Sometimes you just want to mess it all up. to stop being what everyone thinks you are, and start being who you actually are.
This is me. 
If you think I am ugly and up myself/stupid/angry/boring/whatever then good for you. I hope you feel better about yourself for that (Y). But hopefully this will make you think about how beautiful and amazing you actually are, and how comparing yourself to everyone else is simply damaging and completely worthless. Don't let anyone tell you that you aren't good enough or interesting enough, especially not yourself. 
Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. You're gorgeous, without a shadow of a doubt.
    Never change !

    Walk strong, be confident, never stop.

    From someone from the opposite sex with your "unusual" skin type.

    Reading what you wrote was so refreshing. It was like the words come out of my mouth.
    Some advice if you do fall down with the skin thoughts, focus on your electric eyes, then allow yourself to outwardly focus, and you'll feel a lot better. Haters gonna hate... hate, hate, hate.
    And grow up to be miserable people that think their wonderful, when the reality is we're the amazing ones, because while we are not vulnerable to their opinions (or at least less), we still actually care about others, which yields a wonderful future.

    I've got a daughter who's got your skin type and she's asian, imagine how different she'll feel, but rest assured she'll feel beautiful because I won't accept less.

    ReplyDelete