Friday, February 4, 2011

New Old Things!

As most of you will remember, I worked at a vintage/pre-loved clothing store a bit last year which I absolutely loved. Well, I went in to visit the lady who owns it the other day, and she asked me if I would come in one day and set up a facebook page for the shop. So I went in there today for literally about 2 hours to sort it out, mind the shop for a bit and have a sneaky look at all her new stuff. As I was roaming around, I spied some white lace poking out from between a mass of colours in the vintage cabinet. I pretty much sprinted across the floor and as I pulled it out of the cupboard I nearly fainted. It was beautiful, completely covered in delicate lace, with elbow length sleeves and a full skirt. "I actually thought of you when I got that one" she said, and explained that an old lady had brought it in just before Christmas because she didn't want to give it to an op shop. And then, wait for it, ohmygosh she offered to give it to me in exchange for helping her out!! A $60 vintage lace dress for 2 hours work aarrghhjfgkblefulr!!! She said that heaps of people have come in and wanted to try it on, but it hasn't suited or fit anyone. IT FIT ME PERFECTLY! I was like;


Unfortunately, the man at the camera shop declared my camera officially dead, so the only photos I could get of it had to be on Louie's ipod...



                                            

Isn't it amazing? Sorry about the bad photo quality, but I will take some more when I get a new camera.

Speaking of new cameras, I found this little one hiding at the back of an op shop last week...


It's in great condition aside from the dust, and I checked the internet to find out that you can order film for about 11 bucks a roll. So excited to try it out! Eeep! Want to know the best part? It cost me all of 50c. Aaaand they're selling on ebay at the moment for $30-$50. Yep :) I also bought this cd called "complete 90's volume 5" even though it was scratched beyond comprehension. Imagine my surprise when I put it on in the car and the spice girls started blasting out of my speakers. What an incredible day, and an incredible way to spend a dollar ;)

1 comment:

  1. that sounds like a very excellent day.
    pretty pretty pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete