Monday, February 7, 2011

Is Paris Hilton Pregnant? Does anybody care?

If my life goes according to plan, this will be the last week that I ever live at home, ever. It's exciting and daunting and sad and inspiring all at once, and I can't help but feel everything at the same time. I feel like I just got back and now I'm going again (probably because that's exactly what's happening) and I don't know what to think about it. This year has gone by so quickly, and I'm told that they only get quicker as you grow older. It's so crazy, my life is flashing past and I'm so completely powerless. It's kind of like I have spent the last 12 months touching a series of portkeys, blink once and school is back but I'm not going, turn around and I'm in America, woop I'm home again, then I'm getting off the plane in Hanoi before you can say 'ben trovato'. It's that feeling of being pulled across great distances by a rope around your middle, not ever quite sure which way is up, but just trying to stay on your feet as it all goes spinning past. And it's always forwards, onwards. In the past two years I feel like I have spent most of it saying goodbye to people I love, and the next week is going to be no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment