Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snapshots

 So on the flight from Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai I thought I'd better check out the safety instructions on the card. Apparently this is what you do if you start heading towards water. Lifejackets are so overrated anyway...

Now this was really cool. There are two rivers near Luang Prabang. The Nam Ou, which is green and the Mekong, which is brown. I took this out the window where you can see the point where the two rivers meet and flow as one. How magic is that!

Christmas morning! We are opening the present that the boys bought us. It was a set of four big wishing lanterns that you light and they fly up into the sky like a hot air balloon. Definitely one of the coolest presents I got. We had so much fun, and I even got to play Santa and leave out presents for everyone :) 

My Zorro tan. How horrendous is that?!?! Ugh. This is what happens when you combine too much sun with too many malaria pills and only one pair of shoes. Stylin'

Well its kind of just sells itself really. Please somebody try this at home and send me a photo. I would just die.
New years day.On the way back to our place, I fell asleep so many times and belted my head against the window of the car. (It was bumpy ok) The pain of smacking my face on the glass was not enough to stop me from falling asleep again and again. By the time we tumbled out of the car, the thai guys in the front were laughing SO hard. I found those glasses on the beach, and managed to get that hat from someone who was obviously stupid enough to have it painted by one of those people charging about 50 bucks for a hat paint. My expression is suggesting that I am still hurting from the car trip. 


 Our little bungalows and cute little beach :) The best ever.

Ok so this one is a bit gross, actually really gross. It was in the market in Saigon. So those frogs were all alive and hopping around (trying to) but the worst part was that tray on the right. You can't even really tell but they are frogs. They had been skinned and had their heads chopped off. It was farked. EVEN worse, they were still hopping. You can see on the ground one of them that has hopped out of its tray. Ugh. And they stank!


 One morning I woke up and heard all this noise outside in the street. I looked out the little window and there was a marching band going past. it was closely followed by this enormous truck with flowers on the side, and a huge crowd of people following behind. They were all dressed in white, so I think it might have been a funeral or a memorial, but I can't be sure. It was so crazy to watch them try and squeeze the truck down the tiny little street, but they managed it somehow! I'm glad I managed to get a few snaps before they disappeared down the road.

Dinner on the beach. This is where we ate almost every night on Phu Quoc. It was so beautiful!

Phlwerrr.

 So we spent 6 hours like that. Comfy!

 There were little pigs in the back of his motorbike. It was weird how normal this seemed. Sometimes there was just one giant pig in there that took up the whole basket. The poor dears :(
I don't know if that even counts as a vehicle. 
As we were driving along there were all these kids bathing and swimming in the water by the road. When we went past they all ran out towards us, waving and yelling. These two were the closest, and they were so pretty!
Angkor Wat. It was meant to be sunrise so I'm not sure why it was so blue...

No comments:

Post a Comment