Friday, July 30, 2010

Boston!

So on my last day off we thought it would be fun to drive down to Boston for the night and day. We left at like 6pm and drove down to Portland which was like and hour and a half away. We had THE BEST THAI FOOD IN THE WORLD. Literally, it was heaven in a bowl! My mouth feels funny just thinking about it. Haha. We drove through three states in three hours, Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts. It ws so crazy! One of the girls we were with, her Mum works in the Hilton hotels, so we got a room at this AMAZING place for 10 bucks each, it was sweet! We hung out at the hotel for the night, and found a swimming pool at like, 2am AND a hot tub. So we were pretty much set!

The next day we went into the city and wandered around the markets, which had the craziest and coolest foods, we met some guy called Mike in the deli who told us to visit cheryl at the post office, but she wasn't there. We got lost in Little Italy and I had a pretty intense conversation with a girl from Oxfam, then we got directions from a sweet old Italian man with gold chains and an unbuttoned shirt- got the feeling that we were in the wrong part of town haha. We went and sat in the park for ages which was so nice, got lost again in the mess of roads that is Boston, and I ate the biggest freaking cupcake in the world. It was actually a cake that they had somehow stuffed into a muffin case haha. It was ridiculous. By the time we got back I was ready to die I was so tired. But we had so much fun! Here are some photos that Erin took of the trip.....
Charlie and I trying to figure out how to work the coffee machine. 

The "sitting room" haha. 

I was cracking her back....

I don't even know. 

Sarah. Ruining my photo.

Why are they all of us? Haha. 

Boston in the morning, but Australian starbucks is better. 

There was waaaay too much choice. So I ended up with nothing. fml. 



No comments:

Post a Comment