Sunday, May 1, 2011

Never Let Me Go.

Possibly the most painful, beautiful and heartbreaking film I have ever seen.



I couldn't even breathe it was so beautiful, and I don't even know that much about cinematography and everything. I read somewhere that the director deliberately didn't use any primary colours in the entire movie, which gives it this beautifully honest quality and makes my heart ache at how wonderfully artistic it is. And the light, oh the light. In this one scene where young Cathy is sitting on her bed by herself, it's so amazing. She looks like an angel. The whole film kind of has the same feel to it as one of those old brown world maps. Please, please watch it, but read and understand the storyline/book first, because then you won't be distracted constantly wondering wts is going on, and you'll pick up on the little details better.


Please excuse all the spamming of my blog today but I just had to share this movie with someone, and when I tried talking about the pretty lighting and gushing about the genius behind the colour scheme at lunch today, everyone laughed at me and gave me that "this is really awkward because you're a freak shut up before we all leave and sit at another table" look that I seem to be getting a lot recently. Oh well, at least I have tumblr.
WOW my life has reached a new low today.

No comments:

Post a Comment